The kids will love to help make these!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 96 miniature pretzels
- 96 M&M’s miniature baking bits
- 48 small red gumdrops
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
2. Divide dough into 8 portions; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle; cut into 6 wedges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press in pretzels for antlers, baking bits for eyes and a gumdrop for the nose.
4. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.