Rev 2:7 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
We dare it say right here, that some individuals will definitely be teachable as well as to hear what the Spirit of God is actually saying while others, not wishing to change their thinking or lifestyles, will not hear the word.
Words ‘let’ and ‘allow to happen’ means you are teachable, so set your will to receive from the Spirit what He is saying with meekness. Meaning you’re not a know-it-all you need help.
TWO TREES IN THE BEGINNING
God placed two trees in the garden of Eden, a picture of your life! They were the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life. Adam related to the tree of knowledge but the tree of life was denied him.
The second Adam, Christ, was the Tree of life, Living Word, which is now readily available to all because of Calvary where He crucified the old Adam and his ways in which we might be totally free.
Jesus said, My words they are spirit and they are life, John 6:63. John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
LETTER-WORD vs. SPIRIT-WORD
2 Corinthians 3:1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? Or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
(2) Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
(3) Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
(4) And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
(5) Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
(6) WHO ALSO HAS MADE US ABLE MINISTERS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT; NOT OF THE LETTER, BUT OF THE SPIRIT: FOR THE LETTER KILLS, BUT THE SPIRIT GIVES LIFE.